There are many talks about artificial insemination. Due to the lack of knowledge, people share misconceptions about the procedure, and some of them are far from being true. Disadvantages of artificial insemination for humans are not the last thing people discuss today. Many couples neglect the procedure due to the misguided arguments and misbeliefs. So what are the most spread disadvantages to the artificial insemination?
Another common fear is that your embryos can be confused; however, such a mistake is impossible since all biomaterial is checked at all stages of the treatment:
- when receiving cells;
- when performing fertilization;
- when transferring embryos;
- during their storage in cryobank.
Each stage is closely monitored by highly qualified specialists, and the error is completely impossible. So it can hardly be one of the disadvantages of artificial insemination by husband.
Apart from the above disadvantages of artificial insemination by donor, there are also some other risks:
- Risk of ovarian hyperstimulation.
- Liver work and GIT disorders, the development of allergies.
- Sometimes specialists have to extract embryos during multiple pregnancies, which can negatively affect its course and provoke a miscarriage.
- The risk of opening bleeding or infection of the uterus during the extraction of the fertilized ovum.
- In case of improper fertilized ovum implantation, there is the possibility of developing an ectopic pregnancy.
- Mental disorders that occur due to long-term stress and anxiety.
Be aware that the above risks are rare and will never happen if you select a professional clinic for artificial insemination. A qualified specialist does know how to perform the procedure so that it becomes a smooth and pleasant experience for all persons involved in it.